[pct-l] Solo hiking

For me it's simple. When I want to meditate I hike alone. When I want
company, I go on club hikes. I like about a 75% -25% balance in favor of
company. I do all my climbing solo now, (except for Raindeer - I ain't no
fool) because I love the heightened awareness that comes with being self
sufficient, the freedom to do it my way, and the high of being on the edge.
The rebel in me also loves having mountain rescue know-it-alls wagging their
tongues over my irresponsibility. I tell them REALLY responsible peopIe
wouldn't climb at all! I just get Nurse Rachett (one flew over the cuckoo's
nest) looks from them. (She DESERVED that best actress oscar- possibly the
best acting I've ever seen). Enough rambling...