Re: [pct-l] in the mood

<< And speaking of hiking poles.... I made fun of those
 with shocks in them (the $80 pairs), and used ski poles.
 1700 miles and 6 months later, my elbows are still
 hurting from the poles.  You see, I really used my
 arms and those poles as legs.  I got into it on my
 daily hike, pumping my upper body.  And you know,
 elbows aren't made for that kind of motion again and
 again.  Next time, I'll invest in some phat poles.  >>

FWIW, if your elbows aren't complaining, get the poles without the shocks.

1.  They're cheaper.

2.  They're quieter.  That incessant click-click-click drives me up the ....

3.  They give you a much better feel of what you're planted on (and trusting
your hide to) when crossing that raging torrent.

ps:  A Happy Holiday to all you listers!

To:            pct-l@backcountry.net