RE: [pct-l] Torn ACL - what to do?

Hi Goforth,

What a bummer, would like to tell you about my 44 year old son.  He blew out
the ACL during a skiing accident last year. (He is an expert and fast
skier). He had a good surgeon out of Seattle, was back at work 3 days later
(in an office) and absolutely followed the Therapy and after care to the T.
He worked very hard during the summer to get that knee back into top shape.
He is also a climber and mtn rescue type person. He participated in a number
of things during the  summer.
This winter, he made that first hi speed turn on the mountain and much to
his delight the knee was in perfect shape. He claims the therapy and hard
work did it. I believe so also, each time I have been injured I do what I am
told and give it my all.  Being an old ski racer, I say Greg Hummel gave you
good advice.
So GO GIRL you can do it.

Marge (the old gal)

To:            Ginny & Jim Owen <spiritbear2k@hotmail.com>, pct-l@backcountry.net