[pct-l] clothes

Gail - I ended up not carrying that much extra through the Sierras.  We had
sent winter gear to Kennedy Meadows, but my pack was so heavy with 10 days
food, and the weather so mild, we sent it home from Lone Pine.  California
in June is not like Colorado in October - even when there is snow in the
mountains.  We only had one snowstorm during that stretch, and we went back
below treeline to wait it out when travel became too dangerous.  Most of the
time the sun was shining. (In fact my worst physical problem through there
was that I burned my eyeballs when I forgot to put on dark glasses going
over Muir Pass.) So I wore the same Supplex pants I wore the whole trail, a
long underwear top, or sometimes a supplex shirt over a t-shirt. (Supplex is
great protection against mosquitos, which can be a real problem in the
Sierras.  They don't bite through it.) In addition I had fleece gloves,
jacket and hat plus Frogg Toggs and a set of longies for nighttime.  In
Washington we added fleece vests and balaclavas, but didn't use them in the
Sierras.

Hope that helps.
Ginny