[pct-l] WET FEET - a modest trick

At 8:25 AM -0800 12/16/00, CMountainDave@aol.com wrote:

>  P.S. MY feet were NEVER wet in the Sierras except when I took off my boots
>and waded across streams. To be completely honest, they did get wet after
>several days of continuous rain in the Cascades.

Well- u r lucky man-- even though I had great boots (goretex)-- even
ol' goretex has its limits-- so when mine worn down and and I was
down to my last pair of dry socks I used a set ( thetough freezer one's)
of two zip-lock baggies in between my boots and over my socks...
the natural wicking was stopped but since one could not zip
the zippy-lock lock (ha ha) there was some natural venting
and it was fine-- my feet were cozy, warm and dry in the
several days of intermittent rain--

Oh- longevity-  two bags per approx 80 miles/4-5 days-- but
I am sure I could have gone longer with them with the
gallon size instead of the quart size :-))

PS-

As we are all recycle conscience I am open to suggestions regarding
reuse of the product after 4 days on your feet- well maybe your
feet would tend to allow a recycle-- my feet are another story :-))
So-- any thoughts???

To:            <pct-l@backcountry.net>