[pct-l] Tom's flame :? was Scott Williamson update

I believe Jim's is the commonly accepted definition of "thru-hiker" and not
his alone, as much as I'm in the position to disagree.

I've know the Owen's several years now and had the pleasure of hiking 500
miles of the PCT with them this year. Most of them were in Washington during
the compleation of our hikes.

Not only do I admire both of them as very adapt hikers, I consider them
friends.  Some of those miles were not easy, by any means, and I'm apt to
say I could literally trust them with my life and hope they feel the same.

I don't believe you really know the man, which in your case, is unfortunate.

Sly

Tom flames :?

......Per Jim Owens a thruhike is a trip "completed in a single
year or hiking season" [pct-l, 2/3/98].
Since the PCT hiking season doesn't
start until after the Southern California snow, Scott has a "chad" of 2001
hanging with which to complete his yo-yo.

I know that some of you will dispute counting this hanging chad yo-yo but
Jim Owens, the Supreme Court of
thruhikes, has so written. Appeals briefs of no more than 50 pages will be
accepted prior to 1 week before the 2001 ADZPCTKO

This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.

To:            pct-l@backcountry.net