Re: [pct-l] raw food trail menu and entropy

Your menu a nd enzyme theorie are very interesting but I'm not sure if I
would go to that much trouble. However, I have a woman friend who is very
interested in this kind of thing (vegetarian). I'm going to give her your
menu and do my best to persuade her to go on backpack trips with me. ( yeah I
know, I'm just a leech - or is it spelled lech)
   On the subject of entropy. It has always seemed strange that things go
from order to disorder because evolution has gone the opposite way, from
simple to complex. And entropy would seem to suggest that man would become
less intelligent as time goes on. But then again, maybe that is the case.
Perhaps the Cro magnons were all geniuses because they needed to be to
survive. They simply had nothing to work with and had to invent as they went
along. Today, most people just benefit from the inventions of others and
don't really need to think much at all to survive. Perhaps Einstein, Newton
and other modern geniuses are throwbacks to or remnants of the Cro Magnon
genius gene and mankind as a whole is indeed becoming dumber. I give you Bush
( soon to be President Shrub) and Gore ( after all, didn't he invent Gore
-tex which doesn't really work in a downpour) and certain members of this
chat list who disagree with me on various and sundry subjects as fine
examples of my theory. (Just kidding!!!)

To:            PCT-L@backcountry.net