[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #1342

>Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 23:09:08 EST
>From: ROYROBIN@aol.com
>Subject: Re: [pct-l] raw food
>
>Are humans really the only species that experiences degenerative diseases>
>Your supposition may be correct.  However, logically, one might just as
>well
>suppose that the use of TP causes degenerative disease.  So far as I know,
>we
>are the only species that uses that on a regular basis.  Is there any
>evidence (controlled studies) which supports your opinion?

good point.  first, i suggest "Enzyme Nutrition" by Edward Howell as an
intro to the scientific discussion of this topic.   pp. 341-342 in the 1992
copyright version of "Conscious Eating" by Gabriel Cousins has some
interesting studies.  i would say that none of the above is conclusive,
however, as none of the studies were extensive enough to rule out other
factors - like toilet paper.  my intuition tells me that raw foods is only
part of the reason that animals in the wild don't end up with cancer (unless
of course they are exposed to toxicity produced by humans).  and of course
this toxicity is everywhere, so my statement about animals, raw foods and
degenerative disease may be unprovable.  but i'm convinced intuitively that
cooked foods are a huge factor...

"Nature is our Mother. Because we live cut off from her, we get sick."

- Thich Nhat Hanh

To:            pct-l@edina.hack.net