Re: [pct-l] finding ye ole bear canistere

I tape (with red reflective tape) an 120 db body alarm (2.2 oz) to the
cannister
--for short trips only to the bear cannister. The trip wire goes to an
heavy rock.

First time it went off it did scare the bear-- next time I picked it up
before coffee and it scared me when it went off :-)) Since the battery
last 4 hours I have no trouble locating it! (Lyell canyon, YNP)

Rich

To:            <pct-l@backcountry.net>