[pct-l] Bouncing Betty

 Have any of you AT hikers heard of Bouncing Betty? A fellow thru hiker on
the PCT mentioned her and said she was reknown far and wide. I heard that she
would cruise the trail and when she encountered hikers she would jump or
bounce up and down. Some people would be so unnerved by observing this odd
behavior that they would drop they're packs and flee in terror. She then just
helped herself to their food. (I guess I should mention that Bouncing Betty
is a bear!)

To:            pct-l@backcountry.net