[pct-l] Calorie Depravation

I heard lots of stories about the difficulties of finding a hearty breakfast food.  My answer during my '98 PCT hike was Logan Bread!  I got the receipe from a winter camping cookbook.  Each smallish muffin had around 600 calories.  And good calories too.  They had fat, protien, complex and simple carbos.  Even better, they keep FOREVER!  I never had one go moldy, even after sitting in a supply box for weeks and weeks.  They were so rich It was difficult to eat more that 2 or 3 for breakfast.  My wife came to despise them, but I found they really gave me an energy boost.

If anyone is interested in the receipe, I will be glad to send it to you or post it to the group.

TednDeb

p.s.  And if you really want a calorie load, smear them with PB!

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---

To:            pct-l@edina.hack.net