[pct-l] the last 2000 hiker and other trail gossip

Greetings List!
A message for the 2000 hikers...

    Whether you passed him while he sat taking a mid
day snooze or a food break, you passed him.  Whether
you met him, heard him, or heard of him, you know him.

And whether you believe it or not, he finished the
trail!
   Hawkeye rolled into Canada the 27th amongst much
snow!  He say's he's not the last one to finish, but
he'll admit he was a bit behind the pack.
   Congrats to Hawkeye for finishing!

Other stuff - The report on the deer vs. Tweedle was
confirmed.  Quite a hairy story, but it did kick
Tweedle in the temple and knocked him off the trail in
Tuolomne Meadows.  Reports from his parents say it
gave him some good headaches for a while.

And now for the gossip.

Swiss Miss bought a new hiking shirt to replace her
old sleeveless orange one.  Her new shirt is blue and
has sleeves.  She also washed the dirt off of her
face.

Bluefoot finished the trail.  It was only at that
2700th mile, and his trail name came true.  They're
now slowly turning pinkish again.

I hear LunaKat is planning a solo trek accross the
CDT.

I also hear that Scott Williamson has been fooling us
all.  I caught him on the trail the other day with a
four wheeler.  He said he had to make 30 miles and
that was the only way he was going to make it.

Someone said Monte has given up hiking, moved to
Hollywood, and is now working on "The Blair Witch
Project 3 - the kids go hiking."

I also heard Donna and Jeff moved to New Mexico.  She
said she'd still be glad to house PCT hikers.  If you
need a map to their new house, just ask at the Aqua
Dulce store.  I hear it's only about 1200 miles off
the trail.

Speaking of the trail, I hear next year's National
Nude Hiking Day is required.  Supposedofdly, there is
a fine if you're not letting it all dangle.

Have a good day!

-Amigo