[pct-l] Dehydrating Practice!!! Ya!!

 With apple prices at near record lows, many eastern Washington apple growns
are leaving their crops on the trees. ( ( which is good for us) U.S.
Government is paying these growers anyway. A good friend went to Othello and
picks about a ton for free. Now I have all the apples I want to practice and
hone my dehydrating skills. Just wash apple, then cut in half, core with a
spoon, then slice. Lay on racks, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. (
mixed and put in a spare salt shaker) I use an American Harvester Dehydrator,
which has a great fan and dones 8 racks in about 6 hours.  PCT hikers can cut
cost, weight and add variety by doing this little chore.