[pct-l] RE: pct-l-digest V1 #1291

little more substance on this list. It's always worthwhile reading questions
and helpful replies about tnings that can factors or break a PCT hike
whether it be a section hike or Thru Hike. Sure Will, you can do the whole
trail if you really want using any gear, but paying attention to the lessons
of past Thru hikers can make it a more enjoyable experience.
I do not agree with him that everyone is slammed sooner or later by an
arrogant Thru Hiker. That is dead wrong. Every Thru Hiker I met this year
(and I meet a lot as I section hike North to South) were just the best
people.
I do not agree that alcohol stoves are a fad. Maybe they become a long
running thread - but they are here to stay. My hiking season of using
alcohol has made my noisy jet burner a dust collector for good. Two season's
of using light hikers and running shoes is not a fad thing.
Let's get some worthwhile helpful talk going for sure though. To start with,
can someone tell me of some of the differences of doing a couple hundred
miles south or north of the John Muir Trail. These are my choices for my
first section hike in 2001.