RE: [pct-l] Elementary Sleeping Bag Question

In 1998 I did 408 miles on the PCT through the Sierras and included Mt. Whitney.  I used a North Face Blue Kazoo 20 degree bag (2lbs 12.6oz) and did just fine.  Out of 26 nights, I was only cold two nights:  one on the summit of Whitney, and the other at Pinchot pass (about 12,000).

I also have a Western Mountaineering 20 degree bag, which is actually much warmer and actually a bit lighter, at 2 lbs. 5 oz.  I bought this after my trip and plan to use it on the next one.

Also, I met several through-hikers that use the Feathered Friends bags.  they have a 20 dgree bag that is around 1 lb.

All the websites for the above products are here:
http://www.thenorthface.com/
http://www.westernmountaineering.com
http://www.featheredfriends.com

PS: in my opinion, down is far superior to synthetic.  lighter, more comfortable, more compact.  however, all of these benefits are non-existant if it gets wet.

peace,
Dude