[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[pct-l] Spectra cloth waterproofing?
- Subject: [pct-l] Spectra cloth waterproofing?
- From: "Joanne Lennox" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:08:16 -0700
- Reply-to: <email@example.com>
I washed my not so white Spectra packs after my last trip. (I was more
concerned about odors than dirt). I used a single wash cycle and nothing
but odorless detergent and the packs came out cleaner and definitely softer
(the matereial had been a bit stiff before). BUT the cloth is no longer
waterproof at all! It never did look to me like the Spcetra was coated,
but that it had some kind of chemical treatment on one side.
Does anybody out there know what this stuff is treated with and how to gain
some degree of waterproofing. I am concerned about using some chemicals on
the kevlar material.
* From the PCT-L | Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html *