[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #1257

Good for you Ron, but don't take 2 years to complete the 10%.  I remember
that area of the south fork of the Agnes creek well.  It was a guagmire.
"Batch" lost all the skin from 10 toes in that downhill.  There's always
some trail out there.  Just completed the first 116 miles of the Colorado
Trail from Denver to Copper Mountain.  Now in Frisco to go north on the CDT
from Copper Mountain to Rollins Pass after passing over 13K Fora, Eva,
Parry, and James Peaks.  Snow in 3 days.  Pat and Paul of Hikers Oasis
alerted me to your rendevous with Monument 78---Warmest regards

>From: owner-pct-l-digest@majordomo.hack.net (pct-l-digest)
>To: pct-l-digest@majordomo.hack.net
>Subject: pct-l-digest V1 #1257
>Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 17:01:05 -0500 (CDT)
>
>pct-l-digest        Sunday, September 17 2000        Volume 01 : Number
>1257
>

>In this issue:
>
>     [pct-l] Back from the trail.
>     [pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #1253
>     [pct-l] FW: New Bear Canister
>     Re: [pct-l] New Bear Canister

>Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 16:20:33 -0700
>From: Ronald Moak <ronm@fallingwater.com>
>Subject: [pct-l] Back from the trail.
>
>After some 4.5 months, I'm back home from the trail. This time to stay, I
>think. We (Swiss Miss, PA Jeff, Lucky, Molson, Skylark and I) finished up
>on
>9/14 in the morning. All in all the last four days of the hike were great
>with beautiful sunny skies and extraordinary views of all the snow capped
>mountains around us.
>
>However, hiking into Stehekin (sp.) was a bit of a challenge both mentally
>and physically. A snow storm dumped 8 to 10 inches of snow above 5000 feet.
>We still had two 6000 foot passes to cross before heading into town. We
>were
>all wet from the overnight rain by the time we climbed into the snow zone.
>In 12 hours we climbed over 5000 feet and descended an equal amount, took 2
>ten minute breaks and had covered over 26 miles. A tough day but rewarding
>in it's own right. Certainly one we won't forget anytime soon. Some of the
>other thru-hikers behind us were forced off the trail for lower elevations.
>
>Still despite the cold and snow it was quite an experience. With a couple
>of
>warm days, the snow melted away and we were hiking in summer again.
>
>Anyway it's good to be home again. I've still got a few miles left to
>finish
>my adventure, but I've managed to cover roughly 90 percent of the trail
>this
[ *** too many quoted lines.  automatically truncated *** ]