Re: [pct-l] Bear report needed from JMT

><< I saw the biggest bear all summer just about 15 miles out of  T. Meadows.
>Hey is a big guy and very blond and for a minute I thought I was back home in
>Alaska and staring at a Griz till I saw he had no hump above his shoulders.
>He seems very used to people so watch out.
> Cheers, Dharma >>
>
>Hey, were you north of Tuolumne Meadows, around Glen Aulin or up that way?
>Sounds like you met Brenda, a big (statuesque?) blonde who really knows how
>to take down a counterbalanced food cache.  I believe I've met her twice.
   Yeah I thought it was a male the way it growled lowely as I hiked on by him/her after I chased it off the trail.  It was heading right down the trail toward Glen Aulin so you could be correct.  We camped just up the trail and had no food bag problems.
I hope this old girl doesnt get in any more trouble.
Cheers
Globetrotter