[pct-l] Bears at Whitney

 As a part time prankster, bears can be cheap entertainment. Hang food as
advised at any trail, then make up a special bear treat and place 100 yards
from tent and 100 yards from hung food. This can be something like a donut
injected with the hottest chinese mustard you can find. How about bread
balled up around a half a cans worth of pepper!! Park bears have lost all
fear of man which is  UNNATURAL. These bears would be better off as sausage
filling. ( I know I know, if hikers didn't leave out food, they wouldn't be
like this )  BUT if the rangers would drop a few of these bad boys, they
would be restored to their natural fear of man. Bears are very smart critters
and soon would run at the sight of nylon. After 50 plus years of having their
way in the parks, bears have become a major pain. It would take only one
generation to restore this lack of respect on their part if the trouble
makers were removed to zoos or destroyed. Female bears teach their young ones
the value of a hikers pack and food sacks. I vote dart and remove  pushy park
bruins. I know all list members totally agree. thank you  ( and the easter
bunny likes rabbit soup )  Monte