RE: [pct-l] Sierra Hike vs. Thruhike

I don't doubt that your approach works for you. On the other hand, someone
who dehydrates his own food and takes the time/care to create meals like you
do probably ain't asking what is the best stove in the Sierra.

I happen to bake my own stuff and do esoteric concoctions too but most
people simply either load up on freeze dried <expletive deleted> or some
version of Mac n Cheese. The first choice is something inedible and the
latter requires cooking. For them I doubt that an alcohol stove is either
easier or lighter. Certainly the alcohol stoves that I saw at ADZPCTKO were
neither.