[pct-l] PCT-Lassen

I took a quick spin through LVNP last weekend. It appears that last winter
they had some very high winds and as a result there are a great number of
trees laying over the trail.  Many lying the length of the trail.  The good
news is that the good folks up there are working very hard to clear the
trail and are making good progress. We talked to a trail crew and they were
very concerned and we benefitted from much of there progress.

I concurn with the earlier post about the poor placement of the trail
through LVNP though.  It is very boring and it wasn't until we got off the
PCT that we really gained appreciation for the vast diversity of the area.
The beaches at Snag lake are wonderful!  and no blood sucking criters there
either!

off belay!

Jack Young