Re:[pct-l] Trailtown Woes

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 19:47:26 EDT Montedodge@aol.com wrote:

> After reading the " Lone Pine Affair ", I was taken back to what happened at
>Warner Springs in May. ( Watch your Step in Warner Springs!!!!!!!! )

You just have to know how to handle them.... try to get a ticket. If the cop is stupid enough to thump you during the arrest, all the better. Then refuse to pay it. When they lock you  up, insult the biggest guy in the jail. After you get out of the hospital, sue the city for not providing proper jail security. I watched a guy in Oklahoma attend the auction as the result of the lawsuit he won. They auctioned off the city...for real. The city hall, fire station, trucks, police cars,...everything. The city had to declare bankruptcy He still didn't let it go. He forced them into an asset hearing and demanded they auction off the city assets to satisfy the judgement. He killed the town. It couldn't have happened to a nicer town. It was a speed trap with a badge heavy PD. The city finally figured out it was a set up....duh. One of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Sign-UP for your FREE Backpacker Email at http://www.backpacker.com/email
P.S. Click here to get a FREE trial issue of BACKPACKER:  http://www.backpacker.com/subs/home.rhtml/I9KF001