Re: [pct-l] Trangia Stove-Homemade alcohol stoves

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000 00:38:45 -0400 Jim Mayer <jmayer@rochester.rr.com> wrote:
I suspect, though,
>that the &quot;best&quot; stove depends almost entirely on how you plan to use it.
  I use a pot
>cozy, so I don't need to simmer.

I made a pot cozy out of a piece of Wally World sleeping pad. Worked great at retaining heat but made everything mushy. It made a complete mess of MacNCheese. I agree that the perfect stove is the one you like that does what ever you're doing. I fluctuate between boiling water for what ever Lipton's pak I found in the local store to really getting carried away. Guess it depends on how bored I am and how monotonous my diet has been. I'm working on Dehydrated curry chicken and rice....and MacNCheese is much better with dehydrated tuna and peas..=o) But nothing beats my Dragon Fly at breakfast for annoying the hell out of the people in the shelter that kept me up all night with their chatter....... ;o)

Sign-UP for your FREE Backpacker Email at http://www.backpacker.com/email
P.S. Click here to get a FREE trial issue of BACKPACKER:  http://www.backpacker.com/subs/home.rhtml/I9KF001