Re: [pct-l] Snow at Forester Pass?

In a message dated 6/8/00 8:51:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tiger1@fuse.net
writes:

<< I'm headed through Forester Pass around June 21.  I'm wondering how much
snow we'll encounter on the south face at the top.  Has anyone been through
there recently, or have a reliable prediction for two weeks off?  >>

I saw on the local weather report that Mammoth Mountain (just above Red's
Meadow and the PCT) had 5 inches of new snow last night (Wednesday, June 7).
The elevation at Mammoth is 1-2,000 feet LESS than Forester Pass.

But then, you have two more weeks. It's anyone's guess.

Enjoy,
Charlie