[pct-l] fuel

You forgot wood. That's what I use (Zip stove). It's free, it's everywhere,
except Muir pass along the PCT, and you can cook to your heart's content
without having to ration fuel. My favorite meal was potatos, squash, red bell
pepper, onion, cheddar cheese and a can of Swanson chicken breast. Beats the
old rip and stirs any day of the week, but you can't really cook it using any
other fuel. Since I wasn't trying to have the lightest pack on earth, I
decided to make eating as luxurious as possible. I admire great backpack
cooks far more than those who hike a gazillion miles a day. That goes for
good fisherpeople, too. Simple is good, but it can be carried to far. Oops,
it's time to lighten up again, Sorry! I just get carried away sometimes.
Later.