RE: [pct-l] Blister question

Here's something I've wondered about...

Last year on the AT, I only had a couple of painful blisters.  They formed
between my toes so I know it was neither the boot or sock that caused the
problem.  For me, I think it was the heat.  I only got them during the worst
of the heat waves when I was doing big miles through PA.

Other than that, I do occasionally get blisters.  They form without my
knowing, can be as big as quarter sized (but usually smaller), have little
to no fluid in them, and never cause me problems or pain.  I discover them
by accident (they are usually on the bottom of my foot and out of sight) and
I have no idea when they formed and how long I've been walking on them.  I
think this happened twice last year and just last night, I found another
one.  I don't even know if the one I have now formed while hiking.

I generally ignore them.  Some weeks later I'll realize that there's no sign
of them left.  Very weird.

Does anyone have any ideas what's going on?  Should I even bother thinking
about it or just be thankful that I don't have problem blisters?

Mara