[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #1151/six days of rain/other stuff

In a message dated 5/31/2000 6:21:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-pct-l-digest@majordomo.hack.net writes:

<<
 You ultra-heavyweights are the only hikers rigged for six-days of walking in
 the rain. Most lightweights would [sensibly] ride out the storm playing
 cards while the ultra-lights would walk out to the nearest trailhead [there
 to worship Jardine in a trail angel's camp] >>

My question is -- isn't the whole Jardine lightweight thing so that you can
make the miles and get to Canada on time? Who's doing that in those 6
(measley) days of rain?

But I take exception: My usual base packweight is well under 20 pounds
(including that Dana Terraplane that I just HAVE to carry), and I've
weathered far more than 6 days of continuous rain.

Also: MountainDave -- I howled at your new magazine -- can't wait to see the
actual text. Or is that part of the lightweight thing -- you get the table of
contents, but not the articles?

Karen Berger