Re: [pct-l] Female sleeping pat solutions

>My wife is looking for comments from other female hikers regarding what
>kind and sleeping pad system that they use.

For the past couple of years I've used a half-inch thick, 3/4-length
Ridgerest on the bottom, and a 1-in. thick, 3/4-length Thermarest Ultralite
on the top. (I've tried a Z-rest on the bottom but its too hard.)

Each pad is 4-ft long, so I offset them a bit, with the Ridgerest under my
head, and the Thermarest starting at my shoulders and ending at my feet.
This system gives me adequate support for both the small of back and the
points of my hips and shoulders. However, it doesn't quite extend all the
way to my feet.

The weight for both is 1 lb.,9 oz.

Catherine

Lew and Catherine Middaugh