[pct-l] Full length pads vs. 3/4 length

 Trailmix ( Tony D. ) cursed his 3/4 length pad all the way to banning,
where
he went to get a full length pad. You can cut weight here and there, but
packing a 3/4 length pad is like cutting off your tooth bush handle. When
camping on snow Tony showed his happiness with his pad with several choice
words. I carry the winter weight Ridgerest which feels like a Serta Sleeper
compared to the little 3/4 length and thinner regular ridgerest. Mine
weighes
8 ozs. more ( big whoop )  My advice is also against any self inflator
mattress , but not because of weight, but because of they're the " Murphy's
Law " piece in any pack. They must be pampered to remain intact. ( Where
non-inflators can be flung anywhere )   May the Force be with you!! Hike
your
own hike,,,,, But use my advice!!!!!! Mad Monte