Re: Re:[pct-l] what works

Roger wrote,
>>  Despite the hassles, I still prefer the shoes for distance hiking.  Of
course, it's just my preference.  I recognize everyone's needs and (ugh!)
"comfort zone" are different.

And BeachBum wrote,
>> The problem, of course, is that the people that are having foot problems
are wearing inappropriate foot gear....what ever it is..and the solution is
to find out what works best for them.

You both are right. Everyone's background is so different. Each hiker comes
into hiking
-   with different amounts of training miles on their feet,
-   having trained while wearing packs or not,
-   with different packs of different weights,
-   with their feet reflecting their generic makeup with Morton's Toe, flat
feet, high arches, etc.,
-   having taken the time to find the best socks and shoes or boots
combination while others have not,
-   knowing or not knowing different ways to fix a blister,
-   and with varying degrees of knowledge about proper footcare techniques.

The bottom line -- each of us if different and we need to find what works
the best for our feet -- and realize it is an ongoing process.

John Vonhof
vonhof@pacbell.net
Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatments for Athletes
www.footworkpub.com