[pct-l] Feet verses Boots

  I saw Ron's feet first hand and would say he wins this years trophy
for
ugliest feet. ( they were totally hammered ) I wished I would have used
my
old Danners which were heavier. Rule of thumb, bigger hikers with bigger

packs need heavier boots. Diamond Dave was the only hiker I saw with
zero
blisters and he wore only socks and sandals. He is a light guy though
with a
light pack,. ( he weighes in at maybe 140lbs and has a pack that goes
25lbs.
) I saw as many blister problems now days as in the 70's. Even "
footfedish "
who is as in good as shape as any woman in the world had horrible feet
by
Warner. The hot ground may be the answer as many in shape people were
toast
in the feet department. Rule of thumb #2, do as Colin Fletcher says and
change socks each hour in the desert. I did this the second week which
worked
great. ( pour water and rinse out the pair just removed, hang on pack to
dry
which is no problem in an hours time ) Kididle did the same and also
saved
her feet. If your a flyweight with a light pack, would might luck out
with
light boots and no blisters. If your a tanker like me or Moak, better
take a
tad heavier approach to the boot game. Monte