[pct-l] imagination figments

Since blisters are  obviously inevitable while hiking through Southern
California, my only conclusion can be that my belief that I hiked through
there at 18 miles a day with minimal foot problems must be a figment of my
imagination or wishful thinking. Ditto for hiking in 105 degree heat downhill
in the Grand Canyon without blisters. After all it's common knowledge that's
impossible. Sorry about the misinformation on footware. But somehow, all
these pictures of chaparral and desert plants got into my desk drawer.
Bizarrorama!! Maybe I suffered so terribly that I formed a mental block
against the horrible memories. There seems to be no other explanation.
      Some questions for lightweight boot proponents to help make me a
convert. Why do you all start out saying how good they are, but then add all
kinds of caveats( too small, need inserts, not laced properly,etc. Just
curious.  Does New Balance offer widths from AA to EEE? Or just regular and
sorta wide if you cut them up. (I wear EEE). And one more. How do you keep
them dry in rain and snow country? Galoshes? I would really admire an
inventive way to do that!  Or should I have the same attitude as you guy's do
about blisters; It's obviously inevitable, so just grin and bear it. Mountain
Dave