[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #1144 Trip Report and Cedar Spring on the Desert Div.

>I will echo the sentiments of the trip report from the other day on leaving
>Cedar Spring on the Desert Divide.  There is a trail marked on the map for
>northbounders that leaves the spring going straight up to the trail in 1/2 of
>a mile.  This saves backtracking on the approach trail from the south.
>However there really is no trail from Cedar Spring north through ?Lion
>Spring? only groupings of footprints.

I'm sorry you were misled. You are correct, of course-- the trail is
now abandoned, as is the old 4E04 lateral from Little Camp Spring
back up to the PCT just east of Palm View Peak. Both references will
be omitted from the next guidebook revision. I'll be rehiking
sections B5-B11 in June (8th time, if my memory is good), and adding
other corrections.

I appreciate your comments-- keep on, keeping us honest!

--
Ben Schifrin
Wilderness Press