[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #1144 Trip Report and Cedar Spring on the Desert Div.

I will echo the sentiments of the trip report from the other day on leaving
Cedar Spring on the Desert Divide.  There is a trail marked on the map for
northbounders that leaves the spring going straight up to the trail in 1/2 of
a mile.  This saves backtracking on the approach trail from the south.
However there really is no trail from Cedar Spring north through ?Lion
Spring? only groupings of footprints.  Once you approach the top you run into
Manzanita and other bushy things that make bushwhacking almost imposssible.
I knew I was close to the trail.  I did not know how close until I saw hikers
several hundred yards away cresting the next small rise.  My calves are still
healing from the scratches and gouges.

Otherwise a wonderful hike!

Walking on til next year.

David Craft