[pct-l] PCT verses Rat Race

 When someone says " How you doing" or "Nice to see you! " on the trail,
people on the trail REALLY mean it. In life people seldom want an answer to
those questions. It has become just a mindless greeting.  PCT hikers are the
best people in the world!!!! There is nothing like seeing hikers straggle
into barrel springs after hiking a 24 miles " Death March " through waterless
hills. Each hiker was given a big applause as they joined the 20 waiting
other hikers. Money doesn't buy happiness and relationships and friendships
can't be bought. No one hikes the PCT and says " I wish I never did this ".
The PCT is an addiction!! ( with no cure ) One hike and your hooked for
life!!  Just ask Zimmerman or Greg. You are drawn back and may even drop all
things in life for a few more months of life on the trail.  " Mad Monte "