No Subject

We hiked by McIvers Spring last weekend in Section F ~7 miles south of
Walker Pass. The spring was flowing strong at about 16 liters/minute. The
burn from the Jack Creek fire a couple of years ago still hasn't healed
much, so the scenery in this area is a little on the stark side. An odd
leafy plant about 2 feet high with funnel-shaped leaves has taken over the
burned area...we were warned to steer clear of it (contact dermatitis???)
McIvers Cabin was in good shape and had been recently cleaned...there was
even a new (to us, anyway) outhouse constructed on the site of the old
rickety one of yore.

Scott Williamson signed the cabin logbook on May 3 and the trail register
at Walker Pass later the same day...his remarks were sparse, mainly that
he was tired and thirsty...his signature included "Mexico-Canada-Mexico."
Yoyo the PCT! Que hombre! Does anybody know when he left? By now he is
probably well into the high country.

We tried our new SWA gravity filter system for the first time on this
outing and we're sold. If anyone wants to buy a used MSR mini-works filter
with a spare cartridge, email me off-list. $30 obo plus postage.

See ya out there,
Jim & Kelly Ostdick