[pct-l] San Felipe Hills

PCT Hikers and Hiker Support Folks,

We, the Water People, visited the water drop site in the San Felipe Hills
(Map A12) today with the intent of cleaning it up and shutting it down
(remove all stashed water and empty jugs).

After talking with Tammy at Grapevine Ranch, and learning that hikers were
stopping by the ranch early last week, we assumed that all the water had been
used and that there was still a need to continue to resupply the water stash.
We carried water in and increased the stash inventory to 15 gallons. Under
'normal' circumstances, we expect that to assist 30 hikers by supplying
supplemental water for their trek towards Barrel Springs.

Since we do not expect 30 more hikers to pass through the San Felipe Hills at
this late date, we DO NOT intend to resupply the stash again this year. We
will leave the water jugs on the trail until May 29. Hikers passing through
MAY find water in the jugs until that date.

On May 29, the Water People will return to the San Felipe Hills to remove all
water jugs and shut down the stash near the third gate from Scissors
Crossing.

Any hiker leaving Scissors Crossing after May 28 should be prepared to hike
to Barrel Springs using only the water in their pack. The water stash will be
CLOSED.

In an EMERGENCY, hikers may still visit the Grapevine Ranch for water.

Be safe. Plan Ahead.

The Water People