[pct-l] RE: pct-l-digest V1 #1133

I'm sure you hikers would like a nice spaghetti dinner while you're on a
hike, so here's an economical and easy way to get them. Make a batch of your
best spaghetti sauce, or even use the store bought variety if you must, but
do not include chunky veggies in it. Let it simmer for a few hours until it
is thick. Then line a flat oven tray with Saran Wrap and spread the sauce on
the tray to a thickness of around 1/4 of an inch. Whatever amount of sauce
you spread, that is what you'll end up with when it is rehydrated. Place it
in a dehydrator, (I use a convection oven set at 160 degrees F.) for several
hours, until you have a thin, flexible fruit rollup product. Roll it up
after it cools. When ready to use it, just place a small square of roll-up
it in a bit of boiling water, depending on the quantity of sauce desired,
mix it and you'll have perfect sauce. Please use it in a few days as there
are no preservatives.