[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #1128

>> Subject: [pct-l] Early Season Sierra
>>
>> I'd like to ask Will and Henry why you chose to enter the high sierra so
>> early? Was that by choice? Did you just sorta end up there at that time? Did
>> you want to be the first through? Was it mere coincidence? Inquiring minds
>> want to know. Well at least I do.

I made my decision based on the reports of low snow in the Southern
Sierra.  I figured that was worth about 2 weeks off the Jardine
recommended schedule.  I figured wrong.  A week off Jardine's schedule
would have been much, much better. Still snowy and lots of water but a
lot easier and safer.  I had no intention of being the first, second,
third or whatever.  I started early (April 21st) at Campo figuring that
it was a dry year and the streams would be low.  When I hit Kennedy
Meadows I just kept right on going.  Not a good decision in retrospect
but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

Henry