Re: [pct-l] PCTResearch updates

Backpacking food suppliers sounds like a good idea, but who's going to
volunteer to eat freeze dried food for 5 to 6 months? I wouldn't, even if it
was provided for free. I know I'd be sick of the stuff in less than one PCT
section. I ate only one freeze dried meal on the entire PCT and I'm sad to
say, it sucked. I like lots of fat in my hiking diet. I even took to eating
one pound packages of oreos for a mid morning snack in the Sierras. Maybe you
could ask a potato chip company or some other junk food company. Imagine
their delight at being able to claim someone hiked 2600 miles on nothing but
twinkies, pop tarts and doritoes! (With a few vitamin pills thrown in, of
course, to prevent scurvy).
                                                      Mountain Dave