Re: [pct-l] Foot blisters

The idea of drying out your shoes/boots is always a good one. But in ten
minutes? There is one small problem with that strategy while hiking through
the Pacific Northwest, especially the North Cacades or Olympics. Once they
get wet, your footwear will never, I repeat never, get dry until you either
put them by a campfire or place them in a dryer. (Campfires can be a real
challenge in near rain forest conditions) Additionally, there's no way I'm
aware of to keep fabric boots dry while hiking over snow or thru wet brush on
an overgrown trail. And the brush can be sopping wet even on a perfectly
clear day due to dew. (As I write this it's raining like a cow pissing on a
flat rock in Port Orchard,Wa with a snow level of 2500'. But the snow is
melting in the mountains at a normal rate and thru hikers should have no
problems with snow at all this year.)            Mountain Dave