Re: [pct-l] late season JMT hike

Thomas,

I love hiking late in the season in the Sierras.  It is arguably the best
time of the year there.  I have often seen excellent temperatures and little
or no snow until early November.  Then again, I have seen heavy, early snow
storms late in September, but these usually melt off quickly until
temperatures turn low for good for the season in late October or early
November.  Like trying to time the meltoff in Spring, you take your chances
and enjoy the conditions regardless of what fate happens to deal you.

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel