[pct-l] Snow-y-go-round.

One more time, Strider....

    I don't consider Bishop to be in the northern Sierra at all. I could not even
get into the Muir Trail, let alone find any sort of path above nine thousand feet.
Here it is: yes, I live in the northern Sierra, but only at six thousand feet, and
there's tons of snow. It isn't melting all that fast. Since the trail weaves along
over several twelve thousand foot passes and a bevy of ten and eleven thousand foot
sections, I don't think it strange to extrapolate that there is a great deal of
snow 100 miles south of my present location --- especially at four or five thousand
feet higher than Donner Pass -- especially because the trail travels in some
extremely deep canyons.
    Of course the trail in Golden Trout Wilderness and the John Muir Wilderness is
nearly snow free -- but so what? It takes only a few days to get from there to
Forester Pass.

Not trying to dissuade anyone from a month of snow travel, of course. Just letting
them know that Forester Pass and the JMT freaked the hell out of me in late June
last year.

will