[pct-l] Scott's Pepsi Can Stove

Hello, I'm Scott a new guy.  I want to thank Read Miller for entering
my stove in the ADZPCTKO alcohol stove contest.  He presented it
better than I would have, for example his windscreen weighed less
than mine.

I believe Read called it a Beer Can Stove, which was a good strategy
because I hear the judge was hoisting a few brews.  However, it is
more precise to call it a Pepsi Can Stove because the construction is
enhanced by using a Pepsi-Cola Company can (Pepsi, Mountain Dew,
Lipton ice tea, Slice, or Mug root beer).

Brian Robinson put me in touch with Stephen "Troubadour" Martin who
has agreed to create a layout for the stove instructions on his
website at http://www.pcthiker.com .  I've completed the text of the
stove instructions and we are working on pictures to complement the
instructions.  The pictures and the instructions will be available on
his web site.  He or I will post when they are ready.  If someone
from Los Angeles has a digital camera and wants to take photos for me
please get in touch with me.

The stove instructions are detailed and many of you can follow them
without pictures . . . I think.  My next post will be the
instructions and will be long, so hit the delete key if you don't
want them.

The present stove design is less than a month old and has not stood
the test of time.  In particular, I cannot guarantee the durability
of the tape.  That said, the tape is heat resistant to 600F and I
have not noticed any loss of adhesion with repeated use.  Further, if
you have the tools and the materials the stove is not that difficult
to make and once you make one replacement is not a big issue.

If someone can send me the posts that discussed my stove I would love
to see them, at least the complementary ones.  Or, if posts are
archived please tell me where.  I've found the archives of Jan, Feb,
and March 2000 at http://www.backcountry.net/arch/pct/ , but not
April or May.

If some folks are unable to make their own we can discuss me making
them, but I am not actively soliciting business.

-scott