[pct-l] Upper Chariot Canyon

One of the employees at our company owns property in lower
Chariot Canyon (Section A, north of Laguna).  I asked him if
he was aware of an increase in illegals using the PCT
through the upper canyon.  He was not, and suggested that it
didn't make sense for those folks to make use of the trail
at that point, in that there are better access points to
paved highways.

In out conversation, I refered to the thru hiker who was
assulted in the upper canyon a few weeks ago, and he offered
that there were "4 or 5 hard cases" that lived up in that
part of Chariot.  He suggested if any other "incidents"
occurred, that a Don Simon be notified, at the BLM offices
in El Centro.  This person has been keeping tabs on some of
the characters in the canyon.

Jeff E