[pct-l] Re Bear Food

Help me here.  Why doesnt hanging the food do the trick?  If bear cannisters
only stop the bear from getting at the food, and not from removing the
cannister and thereby , as was just posted, "leaving two without food", how
do they help?  I have absolutely no knowledge about this (be kind) and am
only trying to figure out if it makes sence to haul one of these puppies.  To
me, if the bear gets the cannister, it does not matter much whether he gets
it open or not since I will not have the food in any event.