[pct-l] Diets and cheap East German Stoves

 I have been reading the diet posts and have a few words. I have been on this
askins protein diet for three days now and it feels like three weeks. ( No
carbo's allowed for 2 weeks, then only 20 grams per day) The lust for sugar
and starch is that of someone trying to quit smoking. All the meat and cheese
you want but nothing taste as good as ice cream a half hour before bed or a
bowl of cocoa puffs if there's no ice cream. I 've lost 5 pounds in three
days ( which is like taking a hand full of sand off the beach!!!) The need of
a cheap sugar carb fix is the same as when on the trail. This is why hikers
go for milk shakes, rootbeer floats, etc. the second they hit a town. I feel
sluggish with no carbs and your body isn't picky. Which does your body want
more, simple carbo sugar fix or a healthy complex  carbo bowl of old fashion
oatmeal? Most hikers will hit the milk shake every time!!!    _____ Just
bought a 15 dollars east german alcohol stove combo mess kit  at the local
surplus store. Came with a fuel flask and weighes maybe 2 pounds with a 1
liter oval shaped pot and lid. ( Great deal as an alcohol burner cost 10
bucks alone at an alpine shop) Army surplus may not be the most high tech or
carry the lightess gear, but is tops cheap prices.  ( Sugar is a clear winner
of Thru-hiker trail town lust)   Let's see, powerbar or dairy queen?????
Monte from Washington where people don't tan, we just rust!!