RE: [pct-l] Hi everyone!

Craig wrote:

1)  I'm looking for vegan recipes for dehydrating.  If anyone out there has
some experience with vegan backpacking food, especially dinner items, please

email me at nielsencrg@aol.com.  Maybe we can trade some recipes and
dehydrating tips.

I can't speak from experience, because I've never tried it, but I've heard
others say that getting enough calories for a thru-hike via a vegetarian or
vegan diet can be quite difficult.  It's very tough to get the
calorie-to-weight ratio to where you need it using only vegan foods.  That's
not to say that it's impossible, but be aware of the challenge.

Maybe someone who knows what they're talking about can elaborate on this?

Eric