[pct-l] FD + Jerky + Olive Oil

Yuk...sounds terrible, but it isn't.  Other than cost, the main problems, I
think, with FD are that the portions are too small and not enough fat.
These are easy to adjust with minimum fuss.  I (240lb) need a two person
meal for me + a tablespoon of olive oil and a couple of ounces of home made
jerkey (or canned chicken, or ?).  Also found that lipton's dried soup is
vastly improved with one of those small cans of oil packed chicken (if you
can find it).  Even adding some homemade jerkey to the lipton makes a great
tasting meal.  Sadly, lipton adds hyrdrogenated fat which I try to avoid.

It is beyond me that folks can actually function on mac and cheese.
Especially the commercial stuff.  It's full of hydrogenated fat and empty
simple carbos.  Guess youth makes up for it...I ate that way once upon a
time.

One final thought. I packed with a gormet type last year.  He INSISTED that
at resupply we buy a bag of that nitrogen packed salid...in fact two bags.
To my amazement, I sat up near Silver pass enjoying a large green salid
before dinner.  The total weight is a few ounces, and the nitrogen pack
keeps the greens fresh.  We had it for two days.  Of course the bulk might
be a problem, but we managed.  Just for fun.
Pete

"When you feel the winds of change, build a windmill, not a windbreak"
http://asprey.net/pete