[pct-l] The ADZPCTKO Organization

Lots of people have expressed an interest in being part of the ADCPCTKO
organization team. Right now, however, it is Greg, Ann, Bob and Charlie the
same as last year. Those who want to help need to advise me. They also need
to tell me when they can be at Lake Morena PRIOR to the event. Obviously, by
the weekend of the event all the planning and a good part of the work has
been done. However, activities like resupplying water stashes continue for
about a month after the event.

What ADZPCTKO does is:
1-Try's to transport thruhikers [and section hikers] FROM the San Deigo and
Los Angeles airports TO the Monument. This is to help thruhikers start their
journey with a friendly face instead of a miserable bus ride.
2-Try's to help thruhikers [and section hikers] slack pack the section from
the Monument to Lake Morena--if they wish. This is to help thruhikers get
started on their journey with a minimum of weight and to help thruhikers
avoid overnighting very near the border.
3-Provides dinner Friday, breakfast & dinner Saturday and breakfast Sunday
at Lake Morena.
4-Provides a water stash [if you are lucky] along the trail to help
thruhikers avoid hunting for water in Oriflamme/Chariot Canyon
5-Provides a water stash [if you are lucky] at Scissors Crossing to help
thruhikers avoid drinking the horse piss there
6-Refills the Sierra Club water stash [if you are lucky] in the San Felipe
Hills.

Note 1: "If you are lucky" means that the water stash is not guaranteed and
should be depended on. We try to refill as often as we can as long as we can
into the summer. However, nothing is guaranteed.
Note 2: Some purist object to all this because it obviously makes Section A
easier. What Greg says about this is that "Purists need not accept this
help. It is a hikers choice.". [What I think of the purists attitude will
get me kicked off the list]
Note 3: The 2000 event is scheduled for Lake Morena 4/28-4/29.

The organization will NOT take donations from current year thruhikers.
Anyone else, however, can send money if they want. Budget for this year's
event is $750.00

Regards,
Tom Reynolds.